ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Program Idea Suggestion Thread

<< < (8/12) > >>

superboyac:
I know it's been talked about here before, but it would be really cool to have start menu organizer program.  It would scan all the shortcuts in the different user profile folders (start menu shortcuts) as well as the "all users" shortcuts, and allow you to move them back and forth, to sync them between.

Even though it's something that can be easily done with your file manager, there are a lot of folders involved with long paths and so on.  I'm picturing something like a tree structure.  I've come across a couple of programs on the web that kind of do this, but not all that well.

mouser:
i think this would also be a great idea -- it's one i've thought about quite a bit.  as superboy says there are some reasonable tools that do this already, but lots of room for improvement.  I actually have some unique and cool ideas for this project, though they are a bit involved. if someone in serious about doing this and has some intermediate-to-advanced programming skills and time, and wants to work on it -- contact me and i'll tell you about some of my ideas.

C-o-r-E:
[deleted]

mouser:
welcome to the site Core, and great to hear you will participate!
(but you should post that you are pledging to release something on this thread: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=20533.0)
the current one here is for people to post ideas for others to code.

vaib:
Firefox Plugin Idea:
A plugin which shows a panel below the main window which shows all <!-- --> html comments on the current page.

I think it would yield some very interesting discoveries.

A nice bonus feature would scan for curse words in these comments and show a count in red, to aid in finding fun discoveries.
-mouser (November 28, 2009, 06:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am dying to do some coding but I would need some pointers on making this app since I've never done anything of this sort. Kindly tell me what I need to know for making this and how should I go about it.

Regards
Vaibhav

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version