ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Program Idea Suggestion Thread

<< < (6/12) > >>

mouser:
As many here know, I'm a big fan of Tower Defense Games.
Of course I'd love to see someone write from DC write a full tower defense flash game, but that seems a bit outside the scope of the NANY projects, which are supposed to be smaller projects.

So I was thinking it would be fun to see some proof-of-concept games..

I always wondered what a text-based Tower Defense game would look like.. it would be fun to see if someone could come up with something.

Paul Keith:
@NinJA999,

Thanks for the clarification. I don't really know the technical side of the suggestion so I have no idea what's overkill or not.

How about this?

Gnome Theme which changes the titlebar depending on the day

mouser:
if anyone is feeling ambitious, i'd love to see someone tackle the small template-based cms idea we've discussed here on dc:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=3825.0
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=20015.0

mouser:
Couple of related ideas for web page projects:

1) "What's my share?"  Lets you put in a total amount, and then a list of people and their percentages -- it should then calculate how much each person owes.  This one should be pretty simple and there are no doubt existing versions of this on the web. still might be nice to do a new one and then add features to it. -- claimed/pledged by dc member krish  :up:

2) "Rank Em All" - Needs to be built on top of a cms like system that lets users create accounts and groups.  Basically users are organized into groups.  Each group has a page of products (any member of group can add a new product).  Each user then can RANK the items in the group to arrange them into some order (nice drag+drop javascript effect would be nice).  Then on the group page you can see each person's ranking as well as the average group ranking.  Would be fun for keeping track of things like board game rankings within a group, etc.  Could also be used for making purchase decisions -- everyone in the house gets to vote for a ranking of which product to buy -- and you buy the one that is the group top choice.

mouser:
I'd love to see some tools for managing and viewing my Amazon.com wish list and saved items.  It's a huge pain to work with such a large list on the amazon.com website because they are spread out over so many pages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version