ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Program Idea Suggestion Thread

<< < (2/12) > >>

Paul Keith:
@kwacky1

Which sections did you not understand?

Paul Keith:
P.S. Probably a good time to make a 4th request:

Cross-OS off-line proofreader:

Features:
*Spell and grammar checker off/not included - hate seeing that red line underneath the texts
*Possible sync with PopUp Wisdom books - have a list of words to avoid/to use/to replace in PopUp Wisdom, don't really like separate imports
*Separate input/edit mode - this could support auto-pop-up menu ala the recent Diigo instead of constant right clicks
*MDI + Session - Ehh... it's not alternative from turning a basic text editor into a wiki. Mostly to compare drafts.

Reference: http://en.support.wordpress.com/proofreading/

Grammar and Style Options

The proofreader applies many of its grammar rules by default. These extra options find patterns of poor writing style:

* Bias language may offend or alienate different groups of readers.

* Clichés are overused phrases with little reader impact.

* Complex phrases are words or phrases with simpler every-day alternatives.

* Diacritical marks are accents and marks attached to letters in some nouns and words borrowed from other languages. This option helps restore these marks in your writing.

* A double negative is one negative phrase followed by another. The negatives cancel each other out, making the meaning hard to understand.

* A hidden verb is a verb made into a noun. These often need extra verbs to make sense.

* Jargon phrases are foreign words and phrases that only make sense to certain people.

* Passive voice obscures or omits the sentence subject. Frequent use of passive voice makes your writing hard to understand.

* Phrases to avoid are wishy-washy or indecisive phrases.

* Redundant phrases can be shortened by removing an unneeded word.
Ignored Phrases

You may add a phrase to the ignore list by typing it into the text field and clicking Add. Click  to remove a phrase from the ignore list. A phrase is one or more words and the ignore list is case-sensitive.
--- End quote ---

tomos:
[IDEA] an app that would allow Ctrl+Mouse-wheel to scroll sideways in all apps.
My initial idea was simply when an app has focus that it would work - but it could be even better if (like KatMouse) it worked simply when the mouse is over a window (i.e. window doesnt actually need focus - maybe I should just request it from the KatMouse author..)

[edit] of course that key combo would clash with FF & Acrobat so maybe another would be better. One would probably need exception rules as well for apps that dont work with it [/edit]

mouser:
Firefox Plugin Idea:
A plugin which shows a panel below the main window which shows all <!-- --> html comments on the current page.

I think it would yield some very interesting discoveries.

A nice bonus feature would scan for curse words in these comments and show a count in red, to aid in finding fun discoveries.

GrowMap:
Thank you to Paul and April. I'll check out these solutions. April, I replied to your suggestion at FriendFeed. I am not geek enough to figure out how to create additional profiles. I'm hoping you might lend me a hand?

Programmers don't realize how much easier they have it - normal PC users are not adept and command lines or knowing where what is on the hard drive. Oh I wish I had more geek in me so I could do what I need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version