ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

chrome getting extensions makes even more evident why Opera doesn't get it

<< < (7/8) > >>

cmpm:
Thanks Zaine, I'll disable those and try it.

cmpm:
Yes, Zaine, it was the adblock extension.
Disabled it and the page is fine now.

Funny, I have adblock+ on FF and it does not interfere.
Thanks for your input.

Josh:
Roboform has apparently decided to stop waiting for opera to implement a decent API and as such has a pre-alpha build of RF which "works" with opera. It works, but I have yet to fully test functionality. See here:

http://www.roboformchrome.com/topic/roboform-for-opera-is-on-the-way

Josh:
Source

Apple has just outed a press release for Safari 5, which curiously didn't get a mention during the company's WWDC10 keynote, but should be ready to download any minute now. Safari Reader is making its debut, as we'd heard it might, alongside a claimed 30 percent performance improvement over Safari 4 and -- mirroring the iPhone 4 -- Bing as one of the preloaded search engine options. Google and Yahoo are still around, don't freak out. Apple is also adding in Extensions (think Firefox's Add-Ons) to the browser, allowing devs to use HTML5, CSS and JavaScript to pretty up the browsing experience.
--- End quote ---

Opera is now the only MAJOR browser to NOT support extensions. I guess all that innovating with such useful features as: Built-in torrent support, opera unite, opera turbo, and the ever-so-updated wand are just preventing them from implementing something as frivolous as extensions.

Lashiec:
God dammit, Safari, you were supposed to act as the scapegoat for Opera shortcomings. Who are we going to put the blame on for now on? Lynx?

And what's this, Apple? What happened with your closed ecosystem? Did you crumble under the pressure of the open source commies? You can't trust anybody these days.

:P

So, yeah, as I said before in the thread, the only thing holding Opera Software for implementing an extension system is themselves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version