ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

chrome getting extensions makes even more evident why Opera doesn't get it

<< < (6/8) > >>

f0dder:
Chrome is just so much quicker and snappier, especially on my low-end netbook and even more so on my high end x64 dell laptop.-Josh (February 05, 2010, 08:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
I find that with FireFox 3.6, much of the speed gap has been closed between FF and Chrome.

Josh:
FF 3.6 did speed things up but chrome is still noticably quicker and snappier on my systems.

cmpm:
Chrome is slower with more extensions.

For some reason it's not rendering my chess games at chess.com.
FF does fine but chrome will show the site but not the pieces on the board.
Must have something to do with images, cause that's what the chess pieces are, images.
I have Java and Flash, does Chrome block java?....I don't know.

If anyone wants to look at it, I imagine you would have to register and start a game.
It is free, and also has membership services to pay for.
But to play there is no cost.

Josh:
Firefox is slower with more extensions...The more you load on top of your browser, generally, the slower it becomes. This is not a chrome unique problem.

zridling:
For some reason it's not rendering my chess games at chess.com.-cmpm (February 05, 2010, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you use AdBlock or Flashblock for Chrome, I've found it to be very aggressive. I have to either whitelist the site or turn it off to pay bills, or play games.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version