ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

chrome getting extensions makes even more evident why Opera doesn't get it

<< < (5/8) > >>

Josh:
I tried lastpass but do not like the idea of being REQUIRED to store my information online. The fact that the service is free also gives lastpass the right to say "This is a free service, we have no responsibility if your data is compromised". Not to say that would happen as they are very proud of their "Host-proof hosting" solution, but I would prefer this be optional.

markan:
Nobody mentioned it but Lastpass has a working extension for Chrome as well.  :)

Josh:
Nobody mentioned it but Lastpass has a working extension for Chrome as well.  :)
-markan (November 20, 2009, 08:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

So does roboform. Both LP and RF support bookmarklets for every browser as well. Roboform has a customized version of chromium, as mentioned above, built for it and LP appears to have finalized a working extension. I alerted roboform of the chrome extension system going live and one should be out shortly as they already had it developed.

cmpm:
I've put Chrome on my laptop since the addition of adblock, flashblock and xmarks.
But FF is my default still on this rather slow machine, 1.8 sempron.

With this latest add on, Webpage Decorator, I may make it the default. Since I've been waiting to see a similar extension to FF's No Squint. This is...similar.
Using Control++ to change the website size is tiring.
This new extension remembers your font settings, a big plus imo.

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/idmfdjpebmchkoghokmjmgbeejhfjncc

found via gHacks-

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/02/05/customize-website-colors-and-fonts-google-chrome/

Josh:
I have to say, once roboform release their extension for chrome I am dropping firefox. Chrome is just so much quicker and snappier, especially on my low-end netbook and even more so on my high end x64 dell laptop. I am in love with chrome but need RFs toolbar.

On a side note, 2100 posts!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version