ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Shortcut to launch with admin privileges?

(1/3) > >>

kli6891:
In start menu search, there is a handy ctrl+shift+enter to launch the selected program with admin. rights. Is there such a shortcut in FARR?

Thanks.

mouser:
I had no idea about that shortcut, but it's a great idea to add it to farr. i will make it so that if you hold ctrl+shift when you trigger a result it will launch it with admin privileges. adding to todo list.

f0dder:
tip: ShellExecute using the "RunAs" verb. Not properly documented and feels hacky, but that's the UAC API for you, I guess :(

mouser:
Done, implemented in v 2.80.01; hold ctrl+shift when triggering an item to run as admin; for alias results you can also indicate a result should be run as admin with /runasadmin option.

ps. thanks for the tip f0dder.  :up:

Stoic Joker:
tip: ShellExecute using the "RunAs" verb. Not properly documented and feels hacky, but that's the UAC API for you, I guess :(
-f0dder (November 16, 2009, 01:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
As I recall, RunAs (in Shell & ShellExecute) was an option back in Win2k, it just never caught on because everybody just ran as Admin back then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version