ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Circle Dock v1.00 Beta 1

<< < (4/6) > >>

Markham:
I think the answer to both your problems lies in your Unicode settings ... please check them.

Mark

ppass:
I do not want to change any setting because my other installed software work properly with the current settings. Please improve your software so that it works on any Windows XP and Vista and ... what ever the locale settings. This is the 1st time that I encounter a case where locale settings must be changed so as to install a software.

ppass:
No, it's a configuration setting within Circle Dock.

Mark-Markham (December 10, 2009, 01:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

So does the initial install of Circle Dock work exactly like the install of any portable software? That translated to no writing / reading to the registry, no writing to C:\Documents and Settings\

If the install is like this, then I do not understand why there is a switch to make it portable? What does this switch do exactly?

sgtevmckay:
There is no registry installation or writing...it has to do with how windows handles the "write" permissions.

If you unpackage or just install CircleDock....Windows will automatically assume that the software is to be as though it is installed software...by Default.
Windows will then automatically create AppData files to handle the information through the Windows Read/Write standard

The portable option tells Windows that CircleDock will handle its own business, and windows will allow writing of information to the CircleDock folder, and not to the AppData files.

ppass:
Thanks for the clarification, easy to understand, thanks.

So that means that once I manage to install the software (which is not yet the case because I get an error) and turn "portable mode" on, then I can transfer the program folder to a USB memory and run it from there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version