ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Netflix might delay new release shipping by 1 month

<< < (2/3) > >>

40hz:

My issue is that this just appears to be a way for the movie studios to attempt to grab every last dollar out of the customers that make them what they are
-Josh (November 13, 2009, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you've hit the nail on the head with that point.

And yes, my original post made it sound like I don't have patience and typically I don't when it comes to my job, but for this type of stuff I have no problem waiting. It's the principle I disagree with here.
-Josh (November 13, 2009, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually you didn't sound all that impatient to me. I was just agreeing in a general way with what Shades was saying. Sorry if my post came across as being directed at you. That was not my intent. :)

scancode:
From a personal perspective, I'm not all that put out by a one month release delay for NetFlix. I may not be too big on meat on the grill, or cold beer (being an ale drinker myself), but I do find myself in agreement with Shades' attitude regarding maƱana and patience as being a virtue. (The presence of  minimally dressed females and the effects of raggeaton on same merits some consideration as well!  :lol:)
-40hz (November 12, 2009, 11:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
:up: :up: :up: :up:
I should give you dcredits just for that comment alone.

wraith808:
Well, I don't doubt it- I don't know if anyone on here knows this, but they *do* restrict your viewing based on how efficiently you use them, i.e. I primarily use the online viewing, and have had the same DVD for 3 months+.  If I tried to rent UP, for instance, and you'd been renting 4 DVDs a month on a 1 DVD out at a time subscription, I'd get prioritized for the UP rental, even if I added it to my queue after you.

Kamel:
Honestly, all they are doing is giving people darn good reasons to start pirating movies. Netflix actually got many people to stop pirating, and that in itself probably helped the MPAA more than anything.

All they are doing is shooting themselves in the foot, and they wonder why people don't respect them

mouser:
i think kamel hit it on the head.. the faster videos get to netflix, the less piracy -- most (or enough) people are willing to pay to watch the movies if they can do so easily; if the movie companies tried to delay the time between availability for purchase and availability to rent too much, i suspect piracy rates will jump up accordingly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version