ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Has anyone discovered any cool Windows 7 third-party utilities?

<< < (8/10) > >>

libeco:
for fans of taskbar shuffle that have been missing the middle-click to close function in win7, there exists 7 taskbar tweaker. this has similar functions, and some win7 specific ones.
-azgarth (November 21, 2009, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm also using this application to restore some XP-goodness. I still can't get used to the Vista-look and Mac-like-dock on 7. However, since I bought a new laptop I'm kind of stuck with Win 7 x64. I'm trying to get at least part of ym pleasant XP-experience back. Another thing that helps me a lot is XYplorer which is just so much more Windows Explorer XP than Windows Explorer Vista/7. It's not free though.

One other application I use on 7 is Free Launch Bar. It works perfectly for what I want: fly-out menus in my taskbar (don't think jump-lists, think nested menus).

MilesAhead:
libeco if you are like me and have no use for the Taskbar preview bit if you google there's a registry hack to increase the mouse hover time to a degree that the preview should never show.  You'll still get the text popup when you hover a running app button.  Just not the big graphic window.

tomos:

can anyone recommend a simple startup utility (I mean that you can check/control what's starting with the OS) for 64bit Win7 ?

Darwin:
can anyone recommend a simple startup utility (I mean that you can check/control what's starting with the OS) for 64bit Win7 ?
-tomos (January 14, 2010, 06:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

I use WinPatrol Pro (which comes with a lifetime license), but there is a free version as well. Works very well.

MilesAhead:
-tomos (January 14, 2010, 06:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

The Sysinternals Autostarts works, but its interface is pretty busy. If you suspect a particular thing is starting up there's a search feature.  But to just look through all the stuff is pretty hypnotic.  My eyes glaze over.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version