ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I'm Going to HELL! Please feel sorry for me... :(

<< < (3/7) > >>

tsaint:
Renegade,
I think you are sadly astray in your perceptions of your new (temporary) home.
If we exclude Sydney, and perhaps melbourne, you'll immediately begin feeling better due to clean, fresh air, the feeling of spaciousness, the proximity to nature.
We admittedly do have creatures that we don't want to keep as pets (poisonous spiders and snakes, sharks, crocodiles) but these are much better than bears (and a lot of people I can think of)

Another good thing you may not have considered is that you'll be able to head straight for the beach if you hurry up and get here. Summer's started, temperatures up to round 108F this week where I am, so that makes the water feel GREAT. Also, its BARBIE WEATHER!!!! Great steak, great local wine - you can't go wrong.

With the plethora of outdoors, healthy stuff to do, you won't care whether you've got an adsl modem or a 300 bps acoustic coupler. Only thing you'll want to use the net for anyway is checking the weather forecast (is the weather going to be good or great) and for finding out what's on next weekend (what's the venue for the next international cricket match)
 I hope I've reassured you and allayed some of your fears. If not, ask and I'll address your concerns.
tony

40hz:
Umm...I'd be happy to trade places if you want to. :)

Ehtyar:
Ahahaha, nice one Hertz Man.

Renegade, if you're gonna be in Sydney you're welcome to cry on my shoulder (just be sure a funnel web doesn't sneak up on you while you're blubbering, k?) :P

Ehtyar.

Carol Haynes:
Only thing you'll want to use the net for anyway is checking the weather forecast (is the weather going to be good or great) and for finding out what's on next weekend (what's the venue for the next international cricket match)
-tsaint (November 09, 2009, 05:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

May also be wondering which fire to avoid and if there is going to be any water to drink.

I should take a big fire extinguisher and lots of bottled water with you ;)

If you live in a colder part of the world you might want to bring a mobile air conditioning unit or a mobile shower unit for when the heat gets unbearable. Try dragging this behind you at all times:

Ooh and don't forget the factor 42 sun screen!!

(Ignore the sour grapes I'm actually quite jealous)

rgdot:
Southern hemisphere=summer coming. For that reason alone I would trade places   :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version