ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I'm Going to HELL! Please feel sorry for me... :(

<< < (4/7) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
I gotta say that I'd like faster internet, but as has been said: there are lots of other non-internet things that more than compensate.

We do only have 22 odd million people here, which makes a big difference: both in the price of things and the number of people who you bump into in the bush  :)

Perry Mowbray:
A friend of mine told me that those big ones you can spray a whole can of insecticide directly on them & it only stuns them.  :o
-Innuendo (November 09, 2009, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

We used to fish funnel web spiders out of the pool every time it rained, and I remember one time Mum saved a particularly big one to send to the museum, so she took the dead spider and put it in a jar.

Through the night it revived (Funnel Webs have hairy abdomens and can survive under water for some time because of the air that gets trapped in the hair) and she got such a shock that she emptied a whole can of hair spray onto the spider before she realized that it was not insecticide.  ;)

Target:
where in Aust are you posted to (it makes a big difference to the potential dangers you're likely to face...)

app103:
she emptied a whole can of hair spray onto the spider before she realized that it was not insecticide.  ;)
-Perry Mowbray (November 09, 2009, 06:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hairspray might not kill them but it sure makes it easier to dispose of them when they are so stiff they can't move. (it's my weapon of choice for flying stinging things like wasps, for just that reason)

Perry Mowbray:
she emptied a whole can of hair spray onto the spider before she realized that it was not insecticide.  ;)
-Perry Mowbray (November 09, 2009, 06:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hairspray might not kill them but it sure makes it easier to dispose of them when they are so stiff they can't move. (it's my weapon of choice for flying stinging things like wasps, for just that reason)
-app103 (November 09, 2009, 07:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

To tell you the truth, I think it drowned  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version