ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How would you improve a standard PC keyboard?

<< < (8/12) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
PS: I'm quite happy with my kinesis contour.
-urlwolf (November 11, 2009, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm very attached to my Kinesis FreeStyle and Contour "mouse": it's made a big difference to my back  :up:

Ath:
Well, I've been using the Logitech Cordless MX Duo for years, and the best feature, next to standard Insert/Delete/etc keys, is the scrollwheel on the left side. It scrolls exactly like when pressing cursor up and down keys, so is the perfect alternative when scrolling long lists, web pages and comboboxes.
I've been a professional programmer for decades now, and the only thing I didn't like about this keyboard, was that the keys actually wear from the heavy use I've subjected it to. It's not that the impressed characters on top wear off, but the key mechanics have degraded to a point that they sometimes are not properly pressable because of 'tilting', as you don't always put your finger in the middle to hit a key. I've retired it to my home-office, as the 'heavy duty' use is at work (yes, I took my own keyboard there, because the standard 13 in a dozen keyboards cause me RSI :o).
It took me just about 4 years to wear it to a point it got really annoying, and now I can't buy a new one, but I'm still searching for a decent alternative...

<rant>
Another feature I'd like to have back, is the correct layout of the Insert/Home/PgUp/Delete/End/PgDn keys. They tend to be regrouped in all modern keyboards, but the reason is totally unclear to me. The Insert key (I regularly use Shift-Ins) in the new layout is way out of reach, next to F12, and I keep hitting PgDn or Delete when I actually wanted End, etc.
Whoever designed that should be fired (at).
</rant>

mouser:
Another feature I'd like to have back, is the correct layout of the Insert/Home/PgUp/Delete/End/PgDn keys.
--- End quote ---

AMEN!!

AndyM:
Another feature I'd like to have back, is the correct layout of the Insert/Home/PgUp/Delete/End/PgDn keys.
--- End quote ---

AMEN!!
-mouser (November 12, 2009, 05:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
Second that!

AndyM:
I've never had a wheel mouse where the wheel click was comfortable enough. Either they are too "tough" to press, or it's too easy to scroll the wheel while pressing it. I've only ever used Logitech mice, so perhaps other brands are better in this regard.
-tranglos (November 11, 2009, 10:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

WheelUp and WheelDown are commands to rotate the wheel.  I do assign something to MButton (wheel click), but Enter is assigned to <LeftButtonDown><WheelDown>.

This is my second Logitech mouse.  The first one had a much crisper and better middle button click via the scroll wheel.  I can live with this one but I understand your complaint.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version