ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Free Netveda Firewall

(1/2) > >>

Hellie:
I have discovered a free firewall for home use www.netveda.com. It is brilliant, well at least I think so!! It is highly configurable much better than my previous Kaspersky one. You can even limit the amount of time your children are the Net not that I have any!! I have done numerous Firewall leak tests and it blocks everything. It has a very small footprint and works brilliant alongside my www.eset.com Antivirus. This is the best combination for Antivrus and a Firewall I have found.   

Helen

Carol Haynes:
Some user reviews here: http://www.download.com/NetVeda-Safety-Net/3640-10435_4-10382920.html?tag=foot_ur

... looks interesting

nudone:
well, i was using agnitum outpost on the old machine but i put zone alarm free edition on my new machine (just out of habit). after reading a few of their comments about netveda i think i'll give it at try - if it's got specific port controls then i'll ditch zone alarm, most likely.

mouser:
screenshots anywhere?

Carol Haynes:
Full manual for the Pro version here (PDF file) has loads of screenshots.

It is not at all clear from the website what the differences are between the free version and the Pro version. The Overviews of the two products (and version numbers) are identical as far as I can see. Maybe it is just a matter of licensing and it is the same product ??? The file sizes are almost identical (to within a few hundred bytes 6.20Mb).

There is also a Flash animation on the home page showing how the software works (though I did find it a little naff). Click on "Policy.Net Multi-layer Protection" on the home page (it is a JavaScript link).

I am going to give it a go. I am still getting odd BSODs with Outpost installed and I don't like the volume of work generated by all the windows popping up constantly (feels like 1 in 10 mouse clicks generates a need for response from Outpost ... okay an exaggeration but it is really intrusive).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version