ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

can FARR be used to rename a bunch of files in a folder?

(1/3) > >>

delwoode:
say IF I wanted to rename a bunch of pictures in a folder that my digital camera has named 0001.jpg etc to something more memorable like Frenchholiday.jpg   Is there a way to to that in farr, with or without plugin?

mouser:
This is something a little bit outside the scope of what FARR does, and there is no plugin to do it.  You can use FARR to find the files you want to rename and then drag and drop them from within FARR to a proper free renaming tool (see thread here).  Personally i think this makes more sense than trying to build yet another renamer tool.

lanux128:
if you're trying to rename images taken with a digital camera then this thread might be of help as it emphasizes more on organizing the images.

• Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

delwoode:
Thanks for the reply and links to read. Yeah I suppose you can expect too much from a great program. I just thought someone might have found a way to work with a plugin.  I suppose though it would be better to find a good renaming tool and just use far to start it up.

mouser:
there was a farr-like program recently that i know mentioned some actions like renaming.. i can't remember the name of it.. anyone?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version