ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Circle Dock: The Past, The Present and The Future

<< < (4/6) > >>

sgtevmckay:
I received the following response from an individual at Aqua Soft:

Posted Today, 04:13 PM
By: HERD
"Developer"

Just download the ObjectDock docklet SDK from StarDock and implement their interfaces.
They are pretty straightforward.
That's the way it worked in both AveDesk and RocketDock, if I remember correctly.

Since you are going to host C/C++ libraries in .Net, you'll need to catch up reading
lots of InterOp (No COM/ActiveX involved, just plain LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress stuff
in the Win32 SDK), and forget about going 64-bits. Perhaps a mixed C++/C# assembly will do.

good luck,

herd
--- End quote ---

Original post:
http://www.aqua-soft.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=53245

I will continue to update as more information comes in.

sgtevmckay:
Apologies for not having the wikidot site updated...There have been issues on there end...hopefully to be resolved soon.
Most of the pages have been updated except the main page with the latest release  :-[
Apologies  :huh:

Also a Question there Markham.
Is the current release version have Stacks 1 or 2 integrated with Circle Dock???

Let me know, and I will get some documentation squared away

Markham:
Sarge,

Circle Dock is still using Stacks 1 but I may change that at a future date. I'd really like to use it as a docklet hence I've been holding-off supporting Stacks 2.

Mark

sgtevmckay:
Very good, just needed to know for the documentation.

Just an FYI:
Chris at "Chris n Soft" has created a stand alone Stack2 and it works like a champ in Rainmeter  as a third party add on.
Just updated again:
http://www.chrisnsoft.com/2009/11/25/standalone-stack-2-released/
If we need permission from him to modify the code...I can get it!!!

I have yet to experiment with it in CD....give my time.

Damn Knee...Time for Pain killers

More later

Markham:
Sarge,

I've taken a close look at Standalone-Stack-2 and I believe you can reasonably suppose that I'm adding support for this as a replacement for the earlier version.

However, there is a problem in that it's using the INI file format which does not support Unicode at all (in spite of what Microsoft might say on the subject!) and that format only supports files less than 64KB in size (or about 30 stack definitions). What I'd like him to do is support XML files and in particular the simple XML implementation CD uses. If he's agreeable, I can let him have a DLL which he can call (using its COM interface) which will do all the work for him!

From Circle Dock's perspective, Unicode support is a must-have, so that the program appeals to as wide an audience as possible.

The other problem is that its settings file is created and maintained in its own folder and this will cause UAC problems if that folder is on the System drive - but that one I can work around.

Let me know!

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version