ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any XP users switching to Windows 7 yet?

(1/26) > >>

superboyac:
I know there has been talk about Windows 7 being pretty good.  I also know there are a lot of us that have been happy just sticking with XP throughout the whole Vista era.  So, the question is, are any of you XP users switching to Windows 7 now?  And I don't mean just installing it on another partition or virtualization or something.  I'm talking about the real deal.  Like, you will be using Windows 7 to do all your normal, daily computer activities.  Basically, forget about XP and move on.  Anyone making that jump yet?  Discuss...

scancode:
Not me! Tried it for about two hours, the audio API was the dealbreaker for me...
I'll give it another shot when I can get a proper soundcard, but for the time being I'll stick with my copy of XP.

40hz:
I've pretty much switched over.

There's nothing I really need in the Windows environment that doesn't run on Win7 so I've decided to not put it off any longer. Your mileage may vary.

(Fingers crossed. :) :Thmbsup:)

superboyac:
I've pretty much switched over.

There's nothing I really need in the Windows environment that doesn't run on Win7 so I've decided to not put it off any longer. Your mileage may vary.

(Fingers crossed. :) :Thmbsup:)
-40hz (November 06, 2009, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
Very cool!  I've been thinking about it.  Especially since I have a nice, new rig, I figured I might as well put the latest OS on it, but XP has been running well for me.  I remember that I didn't make the switch to XP way back when for two years after it came out.  I was using ME, which ran really well for me and I've never understood all the flak it got.  Maybe I was the exception.  I did give Windows 7 a test run and it was pretty nice I suppose.  But Vista was pretty nice as a test run also.  I don't know.  Keep us informed, 40!

Darwin:
I was using ME, which ran really well for me and I've never understood all the flak it got.  Maybe I was the exception.
-superboyac (November 06, 2009, 03:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

No - app loved it, too. I had a friend that ran it without trouble as well. I actually envied him the eye candy compared to Win98SE, but upgraded to Win2k instead.

After 18 months with Vista/Win7, I find my Win2k and WinXP machines counter-intuitive and limiting to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version