ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Idea: A 'polite' reminder/diary system

<< < (20/24) > >>

tomos:
EDIT: ... wait a sec, is it supposed to open checked files in an editor? I plumb forgot.
-doctorfrog (November 17, 2009, 12:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm afraid it is a confusing one - I thought of suggesting changing the menu entry too, but I think I initially thought the file was selected if it was ticked - so saying "Open selected with external editor" wouldnt have helped...
One to ponder!

[edited] for clarity

skwire:
Soooo...which behaviour would you like?  Open highlighted?  Or open checked?

tomos:
Soooo...which behaviour would you like?  Open highlighted?  Or open checked?
-skwire (November 17, 2009, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm easy - actually I think 'as is' is best - you might have many files showing in viewer but it only opens last selected in Notepad anyways.

I was just trying to think of a way to make it clear to new users - I guess something like Dr.Frog suggested might be clearer (in the menu) - "Open selected file in Notepad" (?)

doctorfrog:
I agree that as-is is fine. As for rewording the menu, the user already can make the text say whatever he wants from within AnuVu's option dialog, and Notepad is the default

Opening many files in notepad windows is an unlikely desire, IMO. I believe that mass export into plaintext is on the todo list anyway, which will reach the same end, with the added benefit that they'll also be a little bit easier to read. In the meantime, 'export current view to file' mostly fulfills that desire anyway.

Speaking of which:

- Feature request: AnuVu: select all/select none capability in logfile pane. This can be relegated to an Edit menu, or appended to the File menu.
- To Discuss: what are your thoughts on a buttoned toolbar in AnuVu? I personally don't need it, but do you think users will want it?

I'm really digging how AnuVu is shaping up overall. It's really becoming the face of the application.

mouser:
it would be nice to have a screencast of this tool to show it in use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version