ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Idea: A 'polite' reminder/diary system

<< < (19/24) > >>

skwire:
I updated, started app, opened AnuVu from the tray:
I was able to look at "current.anu" which, as it happens, was still the one from friday (I have it set to archive log every one day :-\ - I didnt have Anuran running over the weekend btw). I havent checked it properly - will check tomorrow to make sure it archives. It would be nice (for my use anyway) if it archived at the end of each calender day - I'm not sure with "archive logs every [1] day(s)" - does that mean calendar day or 24 hours after the option is first set?-tomos (November 17, 2009, 03:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

This behaviour should be corrected in v1.0.8.  Let me know if it doesn't archive properly from now on.

Anyways, I manually archived via options - made a few test entries & opened viewer. Looks good, I tried to open the current file in Notepad (via menu) - got a message
---------------------------
Notepad
Cannot find the .txt file.

Do you want to create a new file?
Yes   No   Cancel   

Ahhh, okay - it only opens archived files - maybe that could somehow be made clear? Or could it be possible to open current.anu?
-tomos (November 17, 2009, 03:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...it should open the current.anu just fine (if it exists).  All I'm doing is passing the list of paths to the configured editor.  I just tested it with regular notepad and it worked for a single file.  More capable editors can handle multiple files passed to them.

Thanks for the credits; I appreciate it.

tomos:
Maybe it's to do with the 'update'
I'll try it with a fresh install so-to-speak -

Fresh 'install'.
Attempted 'Open in Notepad' (with single files only selected)
unfortunately doesnt work here with archived files *or* current.

The install that was updated - that now suddenly opens everything :tellme:

Okay, I've figured it out :) - I presumed it opened the currently ticked file(s) but it opens currently selected files

PS: another 'icing' request - that single (left) mouse-click on systray icon would also popup the menu

skwire:
Okay, I've figured it out :) - I presumed it opened the currently ticked file(s) but it opens currently selected files-tomos (November 17, 2009, 05:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Doh...sorry for the confusion.

PS: another 'icing' request - that single (left) mouse-click on systray icon would also popup the menu
-tomos (November 17, 2009, 05:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can make another general option that will let the user choose between single and double-clicking the tray icon.  Will that be acceptable?

tomos:
--- End quote ---

I can make another general option that will let the user choose between single and double-clicking the tray icon.  Will that be acceptable?
-skwire (November 17, 2009, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

that would be great - I find double clicking tray icons a very fussy business & mostly wish they would work like the quick launch icons, or at least respond in some way to a single click (!Campaign for Single Clicks!)

doctorfrog:
Maybe it's to do with the 'update'
I'll try it with a fresh install so-to-speak -

Fresh 'install'.
Attempted 'Open in Notepad' (with single files only selected)
unfortunately doesnt work here with archived files *or* current.

The install that was updated - that now suddenly opens everything :tellme:

Okay, I've figured it out :) - I presumed it opened the currently ticked file(s) but it opens currently selected files
--- End quote ---

Suggestion - We can change the menu option to "Open selected with external editor."

EDIT: ... wait a sec, is it supposed to open checked files in an editor? I plumb forgot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version