ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Idea: A 'polite' reminder/diary system

<< < (11/24) > >>

skwire:
will one be able to search all log files via the viewer ?
or would you recommend using another app?-tomos (November 11, 2009, 07:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

A simple text search would be easy to implement since each entry is properly delimited with a "§`r`n" sequence.

Re: the timetracker idea -
one would really have to indicate when you're starting on a project & when ending - otherwise:
if all other entries are filtered out you wouldnt know at which times you began / ended-tomos (November 11, 2009, 07:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Right...this is where it gets fuzzier since custom timestamps are allowed.  Furthermore, I haven't designed Anuran with this in mind.  It's not really a time-tracker.  It's more of a "what were you doing/thinking/feeling at said time" application.  This behaviour is more in line with doctorfrog's original request.

I'm a fan of the "one tool for one job" way of coding.  With that in mind, I think there are plenty of time/project trackers out there that do a much better job than anything I could code.  Please don't take this as me discounting your suggestions, tomos.  I really appreciate the feedback.   :) :) :)

tomos:
will one be able to search all log files via the viewer ?
or would you recommend using another app?-tomos (November 11, 2009, 07:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

A simple text search would be easy to implement since each entry is properly delimited with a "§`r`n" sequence.-skwire (November 11, 2009, 08:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

that would be nice (= one vote)

Right...this is where it gets fuzzier since custom timestamps are allowed.  Furthermore, I haven't designed Anuran with this in mind.  It's not really a time-tracker.  It's more of a "what were you doing/thinking/feeling at said time" application.  This behaviour is more in line with doctorfrog's original request.

I'm a fan of the "one tool for one job" way of coding.  With that in mind, I think there are plenty of time/project trackers out there that do a much better job than anything I could code.  Please don't take this as me discounting your suggestions, tomos.  I really appreciate the feedback.   :) :) :)
-skwire (November 11, 2009, 08:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

no worries Skwire ;) - just an idea, I was unsure of it myself & realised it might not be suitable
(BTW I like TaskLog a lot but never really used it due to aforementioned problem - so I've bumped that thread)

skwire:
I've got an idea that I think will make the viewer work well with a search...

1) The left-side listview will have checkboxes for each entry.
2) The contents of all checked entries will display in the right-side edit field.  Call this the "current view"
3) A toolbar will be at the top with buttons for quickly checking/unchecking all entries, etc.
4) A search field along the bottom of the listview will allow for find-as-you-type search capability within the "current view" and will then display only the entries that contain the searched string.

Thoughts?

skwire:
This is what I'm talking about:

NANY 2010 Idea: A 'polite' reminder/diary system

tomos:
sounds very good to me just refreshed & got your last post:
LOOKs very good to me :D

'edit field' sounds great (does that mean I can actually 'edit' - presumably copy text at least?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version