ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > TFDocs

tfdocs.com - first suggestions and criticisms

<< < (3/3)

Paul Keith:
I still don't understand how XML works so I copied this:

<input id="address" type="textarea" container="inputs" rows="5">
Type an address (this is a multi-line box where you can type newlines):
</input>
--- End quote ---

and tried to replace the section:

<node type="folder" caption="Questions" init_expanded="true">

<node type="checkbox" caption="Narcissism">

<output container="main">

Am I pursuing this because I'm too ignorant in wanting to be altruistic to  everyone/every subclass or because I'm narcissistic enough to know that this would help progress-elevate future identical beings who have the same dreams and struggles as I do? 

</output>

</node>
--- End quote ---

with this:

<node type="folder" caption="Questions" init_expanded="true">

<node type="checkbox" caption="Narcissism">

<input id="main"  type="textarea" container="inputs" rows="5">

Am I pursuing this because I'm too ignorant in wanting to be altruistic to  everyone/every subclass or because I'm narcissistic enough to know that this would help progress-elevate future identical beings who have the same dreams and struggles as I do? 

</input>

</node>
--- End quote ---

but no luck.

mouser:
inputs go up at the top, not inside the checkbox nodes.

go to this simple example:
http://www.tfdocs.com/form/bsd-license

and then click on the button on bottom left that says "View XML Source" to see an example of using inputs.

Shades:
It appears you have switched data intended for output as input.  

As far as I know (and that is not too much) XML works like this.
First there is an application (A) where you want information from and there is an application (B) where you want to store this info.

This leads to two possibilities: application A is application B or application A is not application B
Either way, data when moving data between applications verification needs to take place. After all, you want no garbage output and definitely no garbage input. Besides this, there is also a issue with the way data is formatted, especially in the case where application A is not application B.

Verification takes place through XSD files that set the rules for exporting/importing data (including format).  

mouser:
After using tfdocs to create a few documents i can say for sure that creating the xml by hand for tree form documents is a bit hairy and not for the faint hearted.

I think the solution is a gui that holds your hand through creating documents, either desktop based or web based.  of course this is largely what The Tree Form Machine does, and you can use that to create documents.  But I think what is needed is a new gui tool for making the new tf documents.

It's on my list of things to do but that will have to wait until there is some time and demand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version