ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Lenovo Reliability

<< < (2/3) > >>

mrainey:
The article doesn't address reliability of specific models.  I'm sure we all have stories to tell about lemons we've known and loved.

The two IdeaPads they rate for features and value get average scores.

BTW, CU rates Apple as way ahead of everybody else for quality of tech support.  I suspect for most of us here, tech support comes from digging around on the Internet.  I haven't actually called a manufacturer in many years.

sttrebo:
my lenovo t61 has been pretty much bullet proof in the year and a half that i've owned it.  but then again, it hasn't been on too many trips.

rgdot:
Does anybody have any thoughts on Asus laptops? It seems I (almost) only see them widely rated and available on newegg.

iphigenie:
Does anybody have any thoughts on Asus laptops? It seems I (almost) only see them widely rated and available on newegg.
-rgdot (November 14, 2009, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have no experience directly but several people were very happy with their eee and the high end asus laptops - they are certainly a brand I would/will personally consider, based on my experience with other asus products

What always surprises me is that there are so many different experiences when there are so few companies actually building the barebones stuff - for example the large 17" laptop I have existed as Dell, Toshiba, HP, several smaller brands - same looks, same spec, only tiny cosmetic differences

rgdot:
Thank you and yes Asus motherboards at least.
I am leaning towards getting one like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220637

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version