ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a difference tool

<< < (2/3) > >>

rjbull:
app103, take a look at TED Notepad, a small, very fast and amazingly feature-rich editor.  Press Control-Alt-M and you get boxes to type/paste your texts in.  Don't know if it will show the differences as clearly as you want, see image attached, but it's worth a look as an all-round useful "Swiss Army knife for text" anyway.

JavaJones:
App, did Winmerge not do what you wanted? I'm just curious, if I know what it still needed, I might know of an alternative.

- Oshyan

app103:
I didn't even try Winmerge, since the Diff/Match/Patch demo did the trick. I'll try out some of the other suggestions later on when I have more time to devote towards testing out new software.

Thanks, everybody.  :)

sajman99:
Seems I'm a bit late, but AptDiff is another text comparison tool worth a shot.

sunlitlaz:
Another nod for Beyond Compare.  I have been using it for years and it just gets better and better (it's updated often).  Version 3 lets you compare text, text files, binary comparisons, folders, hex, mp3 files, pictures and more.  Plus it can sync folders that you compare and merge text.  It has become a tool that I would be hard pressed to live without.  You can open the app and type or paste text into one side and then the other to compare text that way without creating files first.  It does a great job of highlighting the diffs too.

Just my 2cp worth.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version