ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Copy Files in Defined Order

<< < (2/3) > >>

Target:
as the only consistency appears to be the order in which the files are copied I'm wondering why just dragging and dropping the files individually won't have the desired effect

I'm not being glib here, it just seems like you would likely need to do some preparatory work (renaming, merging, etc) before you dropped the files to another app just to sort them in the sequence of the day so you could copy them to your player.  I have no idea how many files were talking about here but at the end of the day it might be quicker and simpler to just copy the files individually (sorry, that's not a very spectacular solution...)

skwire:
I am able to add files to listen to before I am finished with the others and it will play it in the order it was copied to the unit.
-wetsmellydog (November 04, 2009, 10:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

If this is the case, then the player MUST be keeping track of the order as you add files.  I can easily extend File Bucket to allow you to sort the list you create in the lower pane before you copy the files to your MP3 player.  Will this be acceptable?

wetsmellydog:
If this is the case, then the player MUST be keeping track of the order as you add files.  I can easily extend File Bucket to allow you to sort the list you create in the lower pane before you copy the files to your MP3 player.  Will this be acceptable?
-skwire (November 04, 2009, 11:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

That would be great! That is what I was trying to get across in my previous post when I tried the program. :Thmbsup:

wetsmellydog:
as the only consistency appears to be the order in which the files are copied I'm wondering why just dragging and dropping the files individually won't have the desired effect

I'm not being glib here, it just seems like you would likely need to do some preparatory work (renaming, merging, etc) before you dropped the files to another app just to sort them in the sequence of the day so you could copy them to your player.  I have no idea how many files were talking about here but at the end of the day it might be quicker and simpler to just copy the files individually (sorry, that's not a very spectacular solution...)
-Target (November 04, 2009, 09:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Target,

That is what I have to do now. I will copy 10-20 files at a time, so doing it one at a time is cumbersome. The frustrating part is that only a few files will be out of order when copied to a copy program (like terracopy and filebucket) which do not let you sort your copy list prior to the actual copying. SKWIRE is going to modify his program filebucket to allow this feature which will solve the problem.

skwire:
Website | Download

v1.0.2 - 2009-11-07
    + Added up/down buttons to move a contiguous selection up and down through the lower listview.  (Thanks, wetsmellydog)
    + Added ctrl-up/ctrl-down hotkeys to move a contiguous selection up and down through the lower listview.
    * Changed the icon look.

IDEA: Copy Files in Defined Order

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version