ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Copy Files in Defined Order

(1/3) > >>

wetsmellydog:
Here is the deal;

I have a cheap but wonderful MP3 player. The device will play the MP3s in the order they were copied onto it. This is great because I only use it to listen to podcasts. I am able to add files to listen to before I am finished with the others and it will play it in the order it was copied to the unit. The unit looks like a USB drive to the computer.

My dilemma;

I download a list of daily podcasts usually weekly. I then copy them onto the player in the order they were recorded. I use Terracopy to copy the files to the player but when files are added to it, they are not in sequential order. Terracopy does not allow you to alter the position of the files once they are added to the program so I have to drag the files one at a time to the program in the order I want them copied.

Is there a program that I can drop my files into, sort them the way I want, and then copy them in the order to my player? Maybe an AHK script?

Thanks!

skwire:
Have you tried my File Bucket application?  Website | DC Forum  It might need a tweak or two but it's probably pretty close to what you want.

wetsmellydog:
Have you tried my File Bucket application?  Website | DC Forum  It might need a tweak or two but it's probably pretty close to what you want.
-skwire (November 04, 2009, 04:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

The program appears to be similar to Terracopy. Being able to move and organize the files once copied to temp area is what is missing in both programs.

Target:
that app was written for a similar but slightly different purpose, and as he said, it would need to be tweaked to do what you're asking for

however in order to do that we would need to know a bit more about your requirements, ie

* how are the files named?
* how do you want them sorted?
* do you use a consistent sort?
* any other considerations?

wetsmellydog:
    * how are the files named?

They are usually alpha-numerical

* how do you want them sorted?

I normally sort them by the mp3 ID Tag info ie track number, but I can append the file names to sort easier and keep the program simple.

* do you use a consistent sort?

Yes and no! I might combine two or three different podcasts which will use different naming nomenclature.

* any other considerations?

The most important is the ability to move a file up or down the list in the order for it to be copied.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version