ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Outliner/Diary application AllMyNotes Organizer (freeware)

<< < (10/12) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
Ok, while I wait for some response to my previous post I thought I would relate something I found odd with AllMyNotes...  :huh:

Yesterday, I needed to disable all my startup items.  Today I have had some of them startup and I have allowed some and thought better about others to keep a lean mean computing machine.  I had occasion to fire up AllMyNotes and WinPatrol alerted me that a new stratup program has been detected...

C:\Program Files\AllMyNotes Organizer\AllMyNotes.exe -autostartup

Fine, I don't want it in my startup, but I want to test it out some more, so I push the "No" button.  I expected I would proceed with my trial, but am surprised to discover that the program has canceled itself!  :o   Again, I try it and same result.  After the third time, my browser opens up with a page from WinPatrol with the following verbiage...
Why this is happening?
Frequently, unwanted mystery programs come in groups which are designed to protect and reactivate each other. Even if you tell Scotty to remove and kill a Startup Program, another partner program will replace the data removed by WinPatrol.
If WinPatrol detects the same program repeating itself, Scotty will automatically mark this program as Disabled. While "Disabled", WinPatrol will continue to remove the Startup Program but if other programs are actively replacing it more action is recommended.
--- End quote ---
  You can read it all here if you have a standard WinPatrol installation.  Note: this link calls up a help page on your PC, not the Internet.

So, from where I sit it *looks* like AllMyNotes won't operate unless it can have a place in the startup group.  To be fair, I have made some low-level changes to my files lately, but I am at a loss as to why changing other seemingly unrelated files would change the behavior of AllMyNotes? 

Anyone else had this behavior?

MetaRoot:
So, from where I sit it *looks* like AllMyNotes won't operate unless it can have a place in the startup group.  To be fair, I have made some low-level changes to my files lately, but I am at a loss as to why changing other seemingly unrelated files would change the behavior of AllMyNotes? 
-CodeTRUCKER (January 30, 2010, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

AllMyNotes works perfectly well if disable autostartup. I think the problem is somewhere else, possibly something happened with installation itself, try to re-install the software, sometimes such trivial things help.

Note: upon reinstall you data will not be lost, as it's store din My Documents folder.

In case of further problems please free to contact us directly - afterall, you have Deluxe license, which means that you can expect priority support!

MetaRoot:
One thing I have not been able to find and is crucial to thought-flow, is a global keyboard shortcut to present an open note even if AllMyNotes is minimized or in the systray.  If it is there already, I would appreciate a heads-up on where to find it.  If it is not, then accept this as a request for a user-defined global keyboard shortcut (Ex: Windows-Ctrl-A, Shift-Alt-N, etc.).
-CodeTRUCKER (January 22, 2010, 08:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Your feature request is filed to our bug tracking system, hopefully w'ell have it implemented soon enough.

CodeTRUCKER:
AllMyNotes works perfectly well if disable autostartup. I think the problem is somewhere else, possibly something happened with installation itself, try to re-install the software, sometimes such trivial things help.

Note: upon reinstall you data will not be lost, as it's store din My Documents folder.

--- End quote ---
Ah!  Nice to hear that my installation is aberrant!  I will reinstall and report back.

In case of further problems please free to contact us directly - afterall, you have Deluxe license, which means that you can expect priority support!

--- End quote ---
I have a license?  I thought all I had was a trial period?  Send info via PM, if you don't mind.  :)

ellias23:
Is a very good application, i have installed today. No virus at all.free edition installed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version