ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: MP3Drive

<< < (5/7) > >>

MattBrown68:
Neither works??

Josh:
nope, the zen micro is a totally different monster from the zen touch

MattBrown68:
My bad, I got mixed up with Carol's post above. Still, if it's a bulk transfer type device, it should still show up in Disk Management. Have you looked?

Josh:
Yep, sure have, its not installed into windows as a disk device, thats why it doesnt show up there. That is why I was wondering if someone here would take up the project of making a way to interface it like a disk drive in windows :)

wetsmellydog:
While checking out old posts, I came across this one in which I was having the same problem. My Insignia MP3 player would slow down to a crawl transferring files when in USB mode. I like to copy my MP3 files the old fashion way without any additional software but the standard file system did not recognize the drive when it was in "Portable Media Device Mode" wanting to use "Media Transfer Protocal".

I came across this fix and wa lah! everything is coming up roses.  :P

crws
09.29.2008 at 08:25AM PDT, ID: 22597349
I don't believe this question was answered, so here is the solution:
Right click "My Computer", select properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager. You will see something in the nature of "Portable Media Device" listed in the device tree. Double click or right click your corresponding item. Select Driver -> Update Driver -> Install from List -> Don't Search -> Show compatible hardware. In the selection options should be "USB Mass Storage Device"  (The inf file for this is usbstor.inf). This method will  install your MP3 player with a drive letter, and skip the preconfigured Windows Media assignments...

Hope this helps someone else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version