ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

PDF's

<< < (4/6) > >>

Target:
coolYou may want to consider another option if you are working with huge MS Office documents such as Word or Powerpoint.

I use a program called NXPowerlite  :Thmbsup: which will compress Word documents with pictures and tables to a small fraction of the original file size and maintain pretty good resolution.  These can be saved as compressed Office files or converted into much smaller PDF's than would have occurred with the original file.

http://www.neuxpower.com/products/

-jdd (November 09, 2009, 07:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

cool, thanks!!

unfortunately in this case I'm an end user so it's beyond my control...

katykaty:
What problems do these bloated pdfs cause you?

Darwin:
What problems do these bloated pdfs cause you?

-katykaty (November 10, 2009, 04:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you work with 1000's of them, they hog disc space. More frustratingly, though, if you need to e-mail them to others, you can quickly run into attachment size limits  >:(

Target:
What problems do these bloated pdfs cause you?-katykaty (November 10, 2009, 04:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
If you work with 1000's of them, they hog disc space. More frustratingly, though, if you need to e-mail them to others, you can quickly run into attachment size limits  >:(-Darwin (November 10, 2009, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

hit the nail on the head there, we have to distribute them to several different places via email, so size is an issue...

quite apart from that the bloat just is ridiculous - why should anyone have to work with a 10M version of a 2M word document

Curt:
I realize the thread is not about what desktop application one can use, but more about what application one can talk the company into purchasing a license for? In such case the target should more likely be a PROfessional bulk program like PdfCompressor, or such. But then he prices #begins# at $500 (for no more than a 1.000 files per month)! Additional PRO features include "creating a watched folder that PdfCompressor Professional (OCR) can monitor for new files to compress and OCR automatically." They have desktop versions for individual file handling, one at a time, without OCR for merely $200, and with OCR for $300, but they will not handle files over a 100 pages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version