ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Paragon Drive Backup+Recovery 10 Free - good full drive imaging tool

<< < (7/9) > >>

MilesAhead:
As my lawyer advised me, I can't recall. :)-MilesAhead (November 07, 2009, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ahhh, the Political Defense :D
-4wd (November 07, 2009, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I could just admit that I messed up, but where's the fun in that?  :)

MerleOne:
BTW, about Macrium, their support forum is only accessible to users that have a paid license.  When you are in the 30 days evaluation method, you cannot ask any question.  Not cool.  Especially since I have one : when I mount a virtual drive from an image, I cannot unmount it, it doesn't appear in the mounted drive window.  Am I the only one to see this ?

All these image software tend to show their limits when it comes to image mounting.  I recommend to all to verify this feature works well on their system, and not only the basic backup/restore.

Curt:
I am sorry to have to ask you guys to explain to me what it is to mount an image? I really don't understand the expression.  :-[

MilesAhead:
BTW, about Macrium, their support forum is only accessible to users that have a paid license.  When you are in the 30 days evaluation method, you cannot ask any question.  Not cool.  Especially since I have one : when I mount a virtual drive from an image, I cannot unmount it, it doesn't appear in the mounted drive window.  Am I the only one to see this ?

-MerleOne (November 08, 2009, 02:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

On Windows 7 32 bit and Vista64 it works as advertised.  I can remove it from the Restore tab of the program or just leave it until I reboot.  It would be nice if they had an Unmount as well as Mount in the Explorer shell integration though.

edit: I just looked on the Macrium forum and they say an Explorer command to unmount a mounted image is on the ToDo list.

MilesAhead:
I am sorry to have to ask you guys to explain to me what it is to mount an image? I really don't understand the expression.  :-[
-Curt (November 08, 2009, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

The image file Macrium creates when it does a backup can be mounted so that it shows as a read-only drive in Explorer.  Say you backup up to a folder on an external USB drive.  You can right click on the image file in that folder and mount it. It is assigned a new drive letter. If you want to copy a file out you just click through the directory structure as if it was a drive, down the folder chain to the file you want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version