topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:16 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: We need to make a present for Markham for updating CircleDock  (Read 6494 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
We need to make a present for Markham for updating CircleDock and sharing his work with others.
I was thinking maybe someone could make a cool circledocky design image we could put on a mug or tshirt for him?
Any ideas?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 05:00 AM by mouser »

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
Re: We need to make a preset for Markham for updating CircleDock
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 04:52 AM »
That's a nice idea and I greatly appreciate the sentiment. But due to where I live (Cebu, Philippines), your present is unlikely to ever arrive and it's much more likely that a postal worker will sport that tshirt or drink his coffee from the mug  :(.

But thanks anyway!

Mark

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: We need to make a present for Markham for updating CircleDock
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 05:01 AM »
all the more fun to send something overseas.. if a postal worker takes it, at least we still make someone happy. so you're not going to get out of it so easily  :P

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 02:07 PM »
I am on it...Let me see what I can do  :Thmbsup:

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 02:58 AM »
Hi Sarge - nice to see you back "on parade" :)

I feel really awkward about this whole topic. I am not the originator of Circle Dock, merely a user with programming skills. I was encouraged to continue where Eric left-off by many here but principally by you. I've also been contacted privately by an administrator of this board and by users who've encouraged me to continue and coordinate Circle Dock's ongoing development. So really it is you and those who've contacted me that should be recognised for Circle Dock's on-going development: I'm merely the vehicle by which that is achieved.

Please don't forget that "Dr Wicked" has made several major contributions to Circle Dock and he's also helped me solve several "show-stoppers". He deserves recognition for that - though, like me, he does not seek it.

I'm particularly indebted to "Rigel" for helping me sort-out the 64-bit problem and he's responsible for suggesting some of the more recent enhancements.

Circle Dock is evolving to being a community project and whilst it's true that only "Dr Wicked" and I are actively working on the source code, others make valuable contributions by reporting bugs, making suggestions and patiently downloading, installing and using our various versions.

It's interesting to note that whilst there are numerous "Dock" programs available, only two appear to have been around for a while and are under active development: "Object Dock" and "Circle Dock". So spread the word people - "Circle Dock IS the premier dock for Windows and it's free and open-source!"

Oh and whilst I have your attention, Sarge, can I mention "docklets" :)

Mark

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 03:35 AM »
well it's just a wonderful pleasure to see Team Circle Dock in action.  sgtevmckay was here manning the fort for a long time by himself, doing a valiant job, and i really feared for the worst.. then to see you guys swoop in and revive it has been wonderful.

the least we can do here is offer some encouragement and knick kacks for you guys.  so someone get that Team Circle Dock image going and we'll send out mugs or tshirts to the bunch!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 05:03 AM by mouser »

erikts

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 03:48 AM »
It's interesting to note that whilst there are numerous "Dock" programs available, only two appear to have been around for a while and are under active development: "Object Dock" and "Circle Dock". So spread the word people - "Circle Dock IS the premier dock for Windows and it's free and open-source!"

I have voted it as the best application dock:)

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 04:51 AM »
Ohhh!!! Thanks Mark but I don't make nothing. You are very fast and best programmer and if Circle dock is now more fabulous than other dock it's only your merit.
I'm very indebted to you for 64-bit solution and many enhancements.
I hope you continue so also in future for all the comunity and for the vanished VIP.
Many Many Thanks :)
Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.