ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Surprised by Win7

<< < (7/8) > >>

RGerryH:
New. Ran across a DC thread from `06 on; "Software that can migrate installed (working) applications from one drive to another".  Wow! That subject drew a crowd. Then, began looking for any continuation or updates on the subject but can't seem to find any??? Must be doing something wrong. Help please.

Thanks

Darwin:
Welcome to DC, RGerryH! I just did a search of the forum for "migrate" and came up with this: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2540.0

Is this the thread you were reading? There are a few suggested options linked to in that thread as well as an alpha for SHJunction by Jeremy Colake (db90h). If that's the application you're referring to, why not contact its author directly via his e-mail address at the bottom of his webpage (www.bitsum.com)?

RGerryH:
Thanks, Ill try that.

Welcome to DC, RGerryH! I just did a search of the forum for "migrate" and came up with this: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2540.0

Is this the thread you were reading? There are a few suggested options linked to in that thread as well as an alpha for SHJunction by Jeremy Colake (db90h). If that's the application you're referring to, why not contact its author directly via his e-mail address at the bottom of his webpage (www.bitsum.com)?
-Darwin (November 04, 2009, 12:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
[/color]

MilesAhead:
Doing the same on Vista64 my start menu was hosed and it was generally unrewarding.-MilesAhead (November 03, 2009, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

A friend had start menu trouble & it came to pass that it had something to do with having pinned items on the start menu. Don't know if that's the cause of your trouble or not, though.
-Innuendo (November 03, 2009, 08:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I never pin items to the start menu.  If I use it at all it's to uninstall something or to launch something I use so little that the only shortcut is there.
I may have tried the straight upgrade. I don't remember for sure. I think that's what it was.  Even though I only have Vista64 Home Premium with Shadow Explorer I can get old versions of files from Restore Point sets.  Doesn't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I have no use for domains.

Innuendo:
I never pin items to the start menu.  If I use it at all it's to uninstall something or to launch something I use so little that the only shortcut is there.-MilesAhead (November 04, 2009, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh well...it was a shot in the dark. Sorry it wasn't more helpful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version