ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Weird problem with Windows 7 explorer's right-click menu

(1/1)

ilovekonoka:
Hi DC folks,

Even though this is my first post, I've been lurking here for quite a while. I'm having a problem with my explorer's context menu: whenever I right-click on a file, the top-level context menu appears differently from the other levels (as you can see in the attached image - it looks like the XP's menu). The problem doesn't happen when I right-click on a folder though. Does anybody know of a probable cause?

ilovekonoka:
Problem solved  :D
Apparently Notepad++ was the culprit. I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal. It seems that in order to draw its icon on the menu, Notepad++ forces Windows to revert back to its old method of drawing the context menu...
Still a bit weird no one here encounters the same problem though  :)

*Edit: On a side note... only Notepad++ 5.5.1 (newest version) causes this weird behavior. Older versions are OK. Maybe I need to reconsider my habit of keeping my software up-to-date  :-\

Innuendo:
Hopefully, you have dropped by the Notepad++ web site and filed a bug report with the author. I'm sure he'd be very interested in getting this fixed for the next version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version