ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Circle Dock v0.9.3.0 is released!

(1/5) > >>

Markham:
I know what you're thinking - "another day, another release"!

Anyway this one does contain a new feature that's been asked for several times recently - multiple instances. The way I've implemented this forces you to use different directories for each instance you intend to run and each directory structure must be complete - there's no sharing of code or data between the various instances.

Rather than explain how it works here, I'll let you read all about it in the Help system - you do know there's a Help system now, don't you?!

This release also contains several fixes and changes in behaviour whichg you'll find documented in the Help's "History" page.

Download and install: SetupCircleDock.zip (7636.73 kB - downloaded 1421 times.)

Mark

Rigel:
Multi-instance works, great :) Thanks Markham

I find a bug in "Reorder Panel" where the item name not appear but if I edit item name in item setting and simply rewrite the same name it works.

Request:
 - CD title in Process Explorer under process description as in tray icon.
 - new type to highlight the item: shadow light with custom color and bumping (the item move rising range)

I find a way to solve windows start menu bug:
     - when click on center button the menu must show from left-down icon corner so everywhere you click the icon the menu is shown under mouse pointer and this solve the trasparent png bug
     - to solve Jump List problem when you click to center button send win button event two time, one to show start and activate start menu and the second to hide and then send the CD start menu event to show near dock.

cranioscopical:
I know what you're thinking - "another day, another release"!
-Markham (October 29, 2009, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
And you're absolutely correct.
For most, however, that thought begins with "Hooray", thus "Hooray another day, another release!"

Markham:
Multi-instance works, great :) Thanks Markham -Rigel (October 29, 2009, 08:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
You're welcome!

I find a bug in "Reorder Panel" where the item name not appear but if I edit item name in item setting and simply rewrite the same name it works.
--- End quote ---
How was the item added to the Dock in the first place? Can you give me (simple!) steps to reproduce the problem, please.

--- End quote ---
I'll investigate but I don't think that's going to be possible: Windows appears to restrict Process names (which it now calls "Image Names") to their file names. However as the Processes can be shown in sorted alphabetical order, the second appearance of "CircleDock.exe" will be the second instance.

- new type to highlight the item: shadow light with custom color and bumping (the item move rising range)
--- End quote ---
Oh you only want me to create a new custom bit map! Whilst that sounds a cool idea, it will slow things down as the bitmaps will have to be constructed and alpha-blended on the fly. Quite wasteful in resources too. I'll add it to the list but I'm not making any promises about delivery of this request.

when click on center button the menu must show from left-down icon corner so everywhere you click the icon the menu is shown under mouse pointer and this solve the trasparent png bug
--- End quote ---
The problem is not one of transparency but the shadow Windows can optionally cast on menus. But I'd welcome any C# code you can provide that illustrates your solution.

to solve Jump List problem when you click to center button send win button event two time, one to show start and activate start menu and the second to hide and then send the CD start menu event to show near dock.

--- End quote ---
Circle Dock doesn't send any mouse button clicks to summon the Start Menu, it sends a key-down key-up sequence using an undocumented (virtual) key. The method you suggest will cause the Start Menu to "flash" which may be unacceptable (it certainly would be to me).

Mark

Rigel:
--- End quote ---
How was the item added to the Dock in the first place? Can you give me (simple!) steps to reproduce the problem, please.

--- End quote ---
Strangely now I try again and all works. So it's ok.
--- End quote ---
I'll investigate but I don't think that's going to be possible: Windows appears to restrict Process names (which it now calls "Image Names") to their file names. However as the Processes can be shown in sorted alphabetical order, the second appearance of "CircleDock.exe" will be the second instance.
--- End quote ---
Don't worry, if it was simple it is better or it is simplest to rename the exe :)

I understand the problem for win star menu but I don't now c# solution :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version