topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Free License Give-away for USB Safely Remove v4.1  (Read 7148 times)

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Free License Give-away for USB Safely Remove v4.1
« on: September 26, 2009, 01:28 PM »
Starting September 26, 2009 USB Safely Remove is giving away 10,000 licenses for their software. The only limitation of the license is it is only valid for the current version of their software (v4.1).

Grab your free license here:

http://safelyremove.com/giveaway10K.htm

tranglos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Free License Give-away for USB Safely Remove v4.1
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 01:54 PM »
Anyone who tends to use multiple thumbdrives and switch between them a lot, *run* to get this. I registered USB Safely Remove a year ago almost to the day, and it has been fantastic. Note that with a standard (paid) registration you get lifetime updates, so this offer is a bit of a tease, as upgrades are excluded. You're still getting a fully-functional app for free, and I haven't had any problems at all with the current version.

I originally registered for version 4.0 beta, and a year later USB SR is at 4.1, so it's quite mature and stable (i.e, no rushed new releases every couple of months).

Tip of the day: try Win+Delete for the main hotkey, it's very convenient (ymmv, depending on the placement of the Delete key on your keyboard). It has become a second nature to press this, and hit Enter to disconnet a drive. USB SR you can also show any other USB-connected devices and their status, and lets you assign permanent letters to particular drives. One other neat feature is to reconnect a drive that you've just disconnected by mistake - no need to physically remove the thumbdrive and plug it in again.

It's one of those apps that run invisibly so that you can almost forget you have them, until you sit at a computer that does not. I really recommend this one, and those who've been reading my DC posts know I rarely gush about software (unless it's TotalCommander, of course, which can do no wrong :) )

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 03:26 PM »
One question, does it remove the "Safely remove hardware" icon from your systray? ;-)

tranglos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 03:42 PM »
One question, does it remove the "Safely remove hardware" icon from your systray? ;-)

Yes, it removes the icon and entirely replaces the Windows feature. If you exit USB SR while a thumbdrive is connected, the Windows icon reappears.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 03:43 PM »
Yes, while it's running. I find it a useful ap. FWIW.

tranglos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 03:46 PM »
(And by the way, Josh, I swear I've just tried to swat your avatar off the screen. I work with windows wide open at night, there are trees outside, so all kinds of critters, winged and not, end up touching down on my monitor. Your avatar didn't look any different - though of course I had seen it many times before. Good job! :) )

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 04:13 PM »
(And by the way, Josh, I swear I've just tried to swat your avatar off the screen. I work with windows wide open at night, there are trees outside, so all kinds of critters, winged and not, end up touching down on my monitor. Your avatar didn't look any different - though of course I had seen it many times before. Good job! :) )

Always happy to amuse :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 04:29 PM »
Yes, while it's running. I find it a useful ap. FWIW.

It didn't do anything for my USB docking station, but I just tried it with a USB key drive and it worked immediately, so I guess it's a keeper.

IL1keT0Donate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 01:14 AM »
If you missed previous free or discounted deals, then ...

According to Bits Du Jour ...

The next time you'll receive a 40% discount on USB Safely Remove

will be the 7th December 2009