ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Breevy - Text replacer / expander and program / website launcher.

<< < (7/7)

mwang:
No, "real-time suggestion" includes Auto-Expand part. -maohbao (April 23, 2010, 12:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for your reply, and I apologize for misunderstanding the option. One reason why I misunderstood is my main Chinese IME (Yahoo奇摩輸入法) is already on the "DISABLED" list, but "real-time suggestion" remains "enabled" (i.e., "real-time suggestion" prompt keeps popping up even when the IME is on). I therefore thought the option was only pertinent to the "Auto-Complete" function. A bug perhaps?

(A side note: "Keyboard Layout Manage"--the title for the section where this option is found--is an odd phrase, for "manage" is a verb. You may want to use "management" instead.)

Now, let's assume the option works as expected. IOW, "real-time suggestion" is disabled when my IME is on. That would defeat the purpose of using a text-expander for me. Yes, I can still use "alt-left" to bring up the Auto-Expand list, but that's much less useful for it requires two extra keystrokes. When the list get longer, moreover, choosing the right one gets harder. To me, the best part about the "real-time suggestion" function is the constant surprises it gives me (ah-ha, I had this phrase defined). No such luck if one can only use alt-left to use the Auto-Expand function.

Due to the bug (assuming it's a bug, not another of my misunderstandings) mentioned above, currently "real-time suggestion" does keep giving me prompt when my IME is on. But then there's the other issue I described earlier:

When I hit the trigger key, Typing Assistant would issue a series of backspace to remove the abbreviation. And yet when typing with an IME on, the key strokes wouldn't generate output to the application immediately; they are held in a buffer. Instead of wiping out the abbreviation, as a result, Typing Assistant ends up deleting text that should be kept.
--- End quote ---

I hope that makes myself clear. I want a text expander that does text replacement ("Auto-Expand" with "real-time suggestion" in Typing Assistant terminology) properly when my IME is on, without any of the problems I mentioned earlier in this thread. It's a tall order, I know. That's why I was pleasantly surprised when I first saw Breevy accomplishing it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version