ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

What's your Programming Language?

<< < (6/17) > >>

Eóin:
C++ is my language of choice these day. And since some of it's faults are being pointed out I'll add that once you use the Boost libraries it really feels like a different language entirely. I think it's an absolute joy to use and after getting up to speed I've found my opinions of templates changing from "have their uses" like MilesAhead to seeing them as almost being the essence of C++. Ok maybe exaggerated a bit but the sentiment is clear.

MilesAhead:
Delphi all the way, from day one.
-tranglos (October 26, 2009, 11:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

btw I always liked Delphi. Even Delphi 5 Pro if you really wanted to put in the effort and make some windows without caption bars and rounded corners with glass then you could fake it as being new Windows Seven stuff.  Nice small stand-alone executables.  Never got to play around with the .NET base or related versions though.

Tuxman:
(and I have this allergy to curly braces that kind of keeps me away from most other languages  :P)
-app103 (October 26, 2009, 05:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
What about LISP then?  ;D

MilesAhead:
Hmmmmm, I've been doing C++ since Tubro C++ 1.01 Pro but apparently I'm unlearning at a rapid rate.  No references, no STL, I have to admit I wasn't a master of MFC but that's non-standard so I can get away with that unless of course I'm using VC++ 6 which is the mechanism for all my shell extensions.

Language threads.  I should see the pit of sharpened stakes under the canopy of leaves.

rgdot:
I remember the days of learning Turbo Pascal and FORTRAN, memories...
Speaking of that, the wikipedia entry for Fortran says: "Fortran (previously FORTRAN[1])" I completely missed the part of them losing the caps  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version