ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

What's your Programming Language?

<< < (7/17) > >>

mrainey:
I use Emergence BASIC for everything.  It creates real standalone executables that run fast in XP, Vista, and Windows 7, and generate some decent pocket change for me.  I guess that makes it a real language.

Stoic Joker:
I'm not so sure that SQL is a programming language, it's a Structured Query Language.

...However I do spend a lot of time working with it & C++ (My two favorite languages). I also work in PHP, ASP, Java, and some VB Scripting (which is partially redundant for ASP).

I'd have to say that Java definately causes the most (Um...) unbridled bouts of swearing.

bgd77:
In general i think it's silly to say a scripting language isn't a "real" programming language -- the real issue is choosing the right tool for the right job.
-mouser (October 26, 2009, 02:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Amen!

Eóin:
I too would think that scripting languages are very real programming languages. There is a lot more to computing than just producing an exe.

[edit to clarify] I mean computing as in computation, not as in computing :D

Josh:
Agreed. Just because a language cannot be "compiled into an executable" does not make it a real programming language and stating otherwise, especially in the modern day, seems more on the verge of looking for a flame war.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version