ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

wanted: simple, stable bittorrent client for windows

<< < (8/11) > >>

40hz:
The opensores community
-f0dder (October 26, 2009, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

What was that you were saying earlier about calling names and throwing accusation around for no good reason? ;D ;)

Tuxman:
There is no "open source community".

f0dder:
The opensores community
-f0dder (October 26, 2009, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

What was that you were saying earlier about calling names and throwing accusation around for no good reason? ;D ;)-40hz (October 26, 2009, 03:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Whoops, that was a slip - didn't actually intend to write that, even if I'm not always superhappypositive about the opensoresurce (or, rather, GPL + zealots) mentality :)

There is no "open source community".-Tuxman (October 26, 2009, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Call it what you want. I could be a bit more precise and say "the network of people running mirrors for the various linux distros", but whatever.

Innuendo:
I see, I was unaware of these settings. That was the problem, the amount of half open connections utorrent used. I still prefer deluge though, for many other reasons. One of them being the half open connection limit is very easily settable from the interface.
-Kamel (October 26, 2009, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

µTorrent and other P2P programs make most routers cry. In the last year or so it's been getting better, but anyone who plans on using P2P programs extensively needs to do a lot of research on routers or they will be sorry. A lot of routers are programmed to keep track of 512-1,024 connections and this includes half-open connections. Unfortunately, some P2P programs come with default settings that expect to use 2,000 connections and sometimes 3,000 connections or more. This behavior, of course, makes those routers crash. Hard.

TucknDar:
I'm no tech-savvy person, and I download torrents and my router seems happy enough. It's a Linksys router with the Tomato firmware, by the way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version