ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

wanted: simple, stable bittorrent client for windows

<< < (4/11) > >>

Ehtyar:
+1 for uTorrent. Can we please not use the word "bloat" when referring to software that comes as a single executable with only features pertaining to the programs primary purpose, no matter how abundant those may be?

Stop using uPNP please people (I'd rather not hijack this thread, so hopefully this simple example will be enough).

Tuxman, nice of you to recommend a client that you've never been able to get working whilst criticizing what is so far the most highly recommended client, then to criticize our use of the word "uTorrent", without providing the keystroke to type it correctly, whilst completely disregarding the fact that the use of "uTorrent" is more common than "µTorrent" precisely due to the complexity involved in typing it. Thanks for all your help in this thread...

Ehtyar.

Tuxman:
Tuxman, nice of you to recommend a client that you've never been able to get working-Ehtyar (October 25, 2009, 06:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't recommend Deluge, I said "looks nice". :P
Halite works for me.

whilst criticizing what is so far the most highly recommended client-Ehtyar (October 25, 2009, 06:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
That doesn't mean it is the best client either, see my comment about its behavior above...

tinjaw:
RE: µtorrent cheating: I remember reading a bunch of complaints that it manipulates something to make it get stuff faster than other clients. I don't remember the details, that's why I through it out for comment. Maybe it doesn't do that anymore. I'm not sure if µtorrent was the one.

Josh:
Bit Comet was well known for bypassing the "ratios" put in place by most trackers.

Tuxman:
tinjaw:
Yep, it was.

Josh:
AFAIK this has been removed in recent versions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version