ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Group files from within folders

<< < (8/17) > >>

Fred Nerd:
that's where i was heading, but I wondered whether or not it was likely to be an issue, ie if they are actually duplicates then you probably don't want to copy them in (renamed or otherwise)
-Target (October 29, 2009, 08:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

In my own experience when dealing with music files, I'm positive it will be an issue.  As an aside, I've decided on "File Bucket" as the name.
-skwire (October 29, 2009, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I would imagine YOU would get that issue with that many songs.....
But in what I want it for it is likely to be rare.
But good thinking, its something I would have forgotten, and then run into trouble one day....
Anyway of dealing with it is fine, but possibly a message box letting you know of the problem? maybe options for different ways of dealing with it?
(I don't ask for much, do I?)

Still envious of that music collection....... Do you have them on CDs as original? It must take up a lot of space to store them.....

@target, this is the wrong thread, but I take it you did the same as me and modified the 'client' 'server' program? And had it it working, but no idea why..... Thats what I did, and tried various modifications to try to understand it, but still no idea WHY they sent it the numbers they did...... and can't find out anywhere on the internet.....

Target:
@target, this is the wrong thread, but I take it you did the same as me and modified the 'client' 'server' program? And had it it working, but no idea why.....-Fred Nerd (October 29, 2009, 09:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

no doubt it will all seem so easy if we ever work it out...

Target:
We could shorten it...  Take the "F" from File and the "ucket" from Bucket...hmmm....maybe not.   :P-skwire (October 29, 2009, 09:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

what about file in the hole (whole?)?

skwire:
Website | Download

* Drag & Drop hasn't been implemented yet.
* No right-click menus for anything yet.
* You can use the following shortcuts to manipulate the files in the bucket:

* Ctrl-A - Select all
* Ctrl-D - Deselect all
* Ctrl-I - Invert selection
* Ctrl-C - Copy all paths to clipboard
* Delete - Remove files from list
Give it a run and let me know your thoughts.

DONE: Group files from within folders

Fred Nerd:
Excellent......
Thanks heaps..

One important modification/addition:
The 'Add files in selected folder' button needs a hotkey. Preferably one on the left of the keyboard.
Then instead of CTRL+select, its select, hotkey, select, hotkey...... Which is almost as easy

Also maybe the destination dialog box needs to be able to add new folder? I added one by \New Folder, which is easy enough, so maybe no need.

Other than that.... :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

And much thanks,

I'll send some credits around to you when I get around to loading some on..... And that will be the first software I have ever paid for.....
Long live Donation Coder, and thanks heaps skwire

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version