ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Group files from within folders

<< < (5/17) > >>

Fred Nerd:
You are all legends.....
I can't even follow this thread fast enough, let alone get some code together....

How about:

Folder Untangler
The Grim Collector
NoMoreFolders
All in one, and one in all
You're FILED!!

I think I will have to go back to 'Programming School'
D*mn that assignment that involved Winsock, it threw me right off track.
*thinks (for 100th time) I WILL master it. It won't beat me*

Target:
D*mn that assignment that involved Winsock, it threw me right off track.
*thinks (for 100th time) I WILL master it. It won't beat me*-Fred Nerd (October 29, 2009, 06:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm with you, I've still got a flat spot on my forehead from hitting that 'wall'...

Fred Nerd:
@Target, do you think we can get them to make it more friendly for people who start with AHK? I don't mind mind spending hours trying to program/bug fixing, but I have spent hours and don't think I'm any closer, or hardly any closer....

PS, I thought I had a large collection of music.... but those are impressive..... Makes my 8000 or so songs on my iPod look small

Target:
@Target, do you think we can get them to make it more friendly for people who start with AHK? I don't mind mind spending hours trying to program/bug fixing, but I have spent hours and don't think I'm any closer, or hardly any closer....
-Fred Nerd (October 29, 2009, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think it's a case of making it easier, but I think that for the beginner the leap to API programming is a large one if you don't have any background or knowledge (there's a significant gap there)

FWIW I can understand the concepts, I just can't make the step to the implementation (I have a working solution to that challenge, but I don't really understand it.  Also as some of the code is taken from somewhere else so I can't and wont submit it...

Makes my 8000 or so songs on my iPod look small
--- End quote ---

where did this figure come from?

skwire:
I seriously thought Skwire would have had this well and truly wrapped up by now, else I might have stepped in sooner (I only started yesterday)
-Target (October 29, 2009, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Normally, I would say I would have.  However, I wanted to make the tree navigation very responsive.  In other words, I didn't want to have to scan the user's ENTIRE drive and folder structures before displaying the tree or application itself.  On most people's systems these days, that has the potential to take forever.  I also wanted the icons to look like a normal windows app.  This took a bit of extra research and testing.  It's almost ready for a release.

@Target, please release yours as well.  It's always good to have a choice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version