ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Group files from within folders

(1/17) > >>

Fred Nerd:
This probably exists, but I can't find it.
I should be able to do it in AHK, but I am sure there are people who can do it faster and better.

All I want to do is to select a collection of folders
And then want the program to select all the files in them and put them in a single folder.

What I want it for (ATM) is that most medai players store music in individual folders, which is a nuisance when you want to burn it directly to disc.

Also if you want to review files before sending them to an iPod.

Photo organisers can do this too.

So a simple Open folder window (allowing multiple folders to be selected)
Then read all files from inside
Select destination folder and then copy all files to there.
Or even just a list which I can paste into a burn program, but they don't like that unless it perfect.....

Thanks for any help.

Or if no help, watch this space and eventually I'll do it myself and post it... (I hope)

skwire:
So a simple Open folder window (allowing multiple folders to be selected)
Then read all files from inside
Select destination folder and then copy all files to there.-Fred Nerd (October 24, 2009, 08:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you want all the files copied into one destination folder (flat) or did you want the directories' structures selected preserved?

Fred Nerd:
Flat.
Then I can find the destination folder and CTRL+A the lot.
Instead of having to sort through 50 folders (artist names) with one song each in it.

Thanks

skwire:
Next question...the standard Windows folder selection dialog doesn't allow multiple selections.  This is the dialog I'm talking about:

However, the standard Windows file selection dialog does allow mutiple selections within its view using the standard control/shift-select modifiers:

I can use either, both or try to come up with a custom treeview that has checkboxes to allow you multiple folder selection via a tree.  Also, the app will support drag&drop of files and folders as well.  Your thoughts before I proceed?

Fred Nerd:

I think it needs a custom format, I thought of something like what some data cd burning software has (power 2go had it I think), where you have a tree view on the left side, then select the folder and click >>> and get it to the selection window on the right.

Drag and drop would also work fine since you can CTRL select multiple folders and then drag them in one go.

Thanks for your help

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version