ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Unauthorized Contest: Who's been the most helpful in the last 3 months?

<< < (3/4) > >>

tinjaw:
Can a person  vote more than once ?   That would  skew your feedback.  Can YOU tell if a person votes more than once ?

Lew
-ljbirns (October 25, 2009, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good Question. I need to look on the Rypple website.

UPDATE:

The more I thought about it there more I believe there is none. The reason is that Rypple is not a voting system. It is a feedback system. So this is not a "supported feature".

So, yes, this "contest" can be rigged. But I think DCers will not do such a thing as it is not in the nature of the group here to do such things.

app103:
Can a person  vote more than once ?   That would  skew your feedback.  Can YOU tell if a person votes more than once ?

Lew
-ljbirns (October 25, 2009, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

The only thing that stands in the way of someone voting twice is a browser cookie.

zridling:
40hz for me.

rypple says I need to register.

mouser:
i know i sound like the person who won't let the kids keep score in kickball so as not to hurt anyone's feelings, but still i feel compelled to say that i don't like these things that make us pick one person on the forum that is more helpful than others.

tomos:
rypple says I need to register.
-zridling (October 25, 2009, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

after voting it asks you to login/register - it's not clear has the vote been accepted (?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version