ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Putting All My (Legally Obtained) Music Online

<< < (2/5) > >>

scancode:
@LaLa: As usual, United States only :(

4wd:
@josh
I'm looking into using Jinzora on one of my servers. The problem is that it becomes one more application that I have to administer. I'd rather use a web service and not have to deal with the sysadmin part.
-tinjaw (October 24, 2009, 09:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Has been mentioned before in a thread here, HFS running on one of your servers - minimal resources and easily administered.

HFS running the Thunderchicken of Glory, it has integrated player app, (audio/video), so it'll work with any browser:

Putting All My (Legally Obtained) Music Online

y0himba:
I have had an incredible experience with Orb, which allows me to stream to my PDA, my laptop, and just about any device with an Internet connection and media player of some sort.  I was even able to stream music/video to my daughter's LG Xenon before we switched phones. You can access almost anything you want on your computer, and stream all video formats, and even access online video services such as Youtube, Google video, and more.  You can access your documents and more. Honestly, I could go on and on, there are so many features.  It even has a file browser.

The screen shots below are from Orb running on my computer, streaming to my PDA.  1 and 2 are from Pocket IE, the mobile interface.  3 and 4 are from Opera running on my PDA, and are the full interface.  There are more interfaces available, including a media center interface.

No need to upload, and it is pretty much just run and forget.

Give it a try, it is absolutely free.

http://www.orb.com

Curt:
- why is Orb free? What's the catch?

y0himba:
You know, I really have no idea.  I have used it since 2006 or 2007, and I am in no way affiliated with them.  It has been a flawless experience...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version