ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software license upgrade experiences: pricing, support & the stuff that matters

<< < (2/6) > >>

patteo:
First, absolutely NOWHERE in any of the advertising e-mails for the upgrade that I received prior to upgrading nor during the purchase process was it indicated that iFAAST was available only in special ("premium") versions of the software.

Anyway, that's my rant. I'm considering my next move. I'd just demand a refund from Diskeeper

-Darwin (January 09, 2006, 01:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

You may want to click feature comparison chart
http://www.diskeeper.com/diskeeper/home/professional.asp?pe=6

It is clearly stated here that iFAAST is included in Diskeeper Professional (Not just the Premier version)

Also note their 30 day Purchase Guarantee on
http://purchase.diskeeper.com/purchase/grid.aspx?RId=1&SId=2&CId=1&Aeid=0&Apid=0#

You need to click the link to see the Guarantee which I extracted below:

Diskeeper Corporation stands behind its products 100%. We are so confident that our products will improve computer speed and reliability at your home or business that we fully guarantee your purchase for 30 days. If you are not completely satisfied with your software purchase, simply contact customer service within 30 days of your purchase date for a full refund of the software purchase price.

Darwin:
Hi Patteo,

Thanks for the response, and thanks for the link to the comparison chart! That adds fuel to my fire and ammo to my argument. If only I can get them to respond...

I purchased the upgrade on Dec. 6 so doubt I'll have *as* easy a time with the refund. However, I'll point them to my unheeded e-mails.

Darwin:
Well, it's been 12 hours since I e-mailed three departments at Diskeeper reiterating my concerns outlined above and pointing out the inconsistency of their own comparison chart clearly showing Diskeeper Professional as featuring their "new, breakthrough iFAAST technology (thanks Patteo!)" and NOTHING. Not even acknowledgement of receipt of my e-mail. As I am in the same timezone as the company this is absolutely unacceptable and I've written advising them that I have purchased the cross-upgrade to PerfectDisk 7, that I expect a refund to be issued on request and that I will NOT be recommending Diskeeper to anyone. They must really be confident that pissing off end users like me won't affect their sales in the long run...

Darwin:
UPDATE: Interesting, mute silence from Diskeeper but they have changed their comparison chart. I am really going to go to town on them on every forum that I can think of if they don't give me some sort of satisfaction.

mouser:
wow - they actually changed the comparison chart so rapidly!?
that is quite interesting.. and yet they couldnt be bothered to send you a reply?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version