ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software license upgrade experiences: pricing, support & the stuff that matters

<< < (3/6) > >>

Darwin:
Yup, I followed the link provided by Patteo yesterday and there is was: a big yes next to iFAAST for BOTH Diskeeper Professional and Diskeeper Professional Premier. I confirmed it again last night around 6:00 pm PST and it was still there. This morning the "yes" has been replaced by a "no"... I e-mailed "calling" them on this about an hour and a half ago: no reply. Maybe I have an inflated sense of "self" but at this point I would have thought a personal phone call to me would be in order... However, again, they seem very confident that losing me as a customer, and disgruntling me in the process, won't negatively impact their business. I'll give them until this evening then I'm asking for a refund. If they give me any grief about that, I'll have to take this to the next level (what's the next level? I'm not sure - I was hoping someone here had some advice about that ;)!)

mouser:
my experience is that software businesses can be a little slow.. you might want to give them a little bit more time to "process" your request/complaint before you go medieval on them.

Darwin:
Medieval... ha ha! I like that . Actually, I don't do medieval very well. Indignant, belligerent, obtuse,  certainly but I tend to give up before an issue advances beyond that :)

Darwin:
Oh, and yes, I appreciate the need to give them some more time. It's frustrating, though... ("patience? yeah, yeah, how long will that take?")

Darwin:
Well... I have now received a response and a "letter of destruction". The thrust of the response is that the upgrade pricing for Professional v.x to Professional v.y has been constant for 8 years, that iFAAST is part of a brand new product so that the price I was quoted is a discount price on a new product and not an upgrade price, it is based on my current ownership of v.10, and I was directed back to the (amended) comparison chart showing that iFAAST is NOT included in the Professional version of Diskeeper. Nice dodge on the entire issue of representation, I thought.

Anyway, while I've responded and restated my case, I guess the ball's in my court.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version