topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 11:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Cnn Pipeline  (Read 3370 times)

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Cnn Pipeline
« on: January 12, 2006, 03:51 PM »
I should of took some screenshot before uninstalling but i forgot :-[
And i sure as hell ain't gonna install that thing again :mad:
 Here's some screenshots from the actuall page
http://www.cnn.com/pipeline/

First off i have 2gigs of ram and a decent video card ,radeon 9600,and P4 2.8ghz dual thread -yada yada

I installed this beast (install 9.55.mb)and it chugged along somewhere in the neighborhood of a 150 mb
Grant it i have dial-up,and as for slow connection that's my faught.The only application
i've seen chug nearly as much memory is Adobe Photoshop,and google earth,which you
can adjust.

Now the service, Cnn pipeline is decent,and you have the option to view all the features in your
browser,so in short if you ever try this service out opt for the browser as opposed to desktop
application.$2.95 month,$24.95 yr.,or what i opted for to try it out was a 99 cent day pass.
It's commercial free,and if you run URL snooper in the background you can catch the streams :Thmbsup:

Even though i didn't subscribe to it back in the day,i think the real player collaboration they once had
would have been a better way to view content as opposed to this horrible designed memory chugger.

I really wish i would've taken screenshots dangit,in the about box it mentioned something about
using audible components(audible.com) and the install shield has copyright Macrovision Corporation
which is a little scarry since their name is synonymous with DRM,actually THEY ARE DRM.

Just a heads up :Thmbsup:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 05:13 PM by tinyvillager »

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Cnn Pipeline
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 04:11 PM »
Ok, you forgot the screenshots... no big deal, but please edit your post and add some URLs! :)