ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite launch bar? Your favorite features? Missing Features?

<< < (12/21) > >>

scruffdaddy:

I like ObjectDock from Windowsblinds, but I prefer the Tabbed Visulization, that way I can group similiar programs per tab. But I've stopped using it due to finding an idea I like a little better.....(slickrun)

SlickRun is a pretty cool "launcher" that I like for it's simplicity and power.

http://www.bayden.com/SlickRun/.  I haven't had to make any shortcuts anymore since using it (not the normal ones anyway, just 'magicwords',...  :) Anyway, check it out.

- scruff

mouser:
if you're talking about slickrun you should defnitely check out our own Find+Run Robot: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/index.html

and discuss it here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?board=12.0

gottadoit:
I use alternative shells:  GeoShell for a bit, years ago, then Litestep for the last few years, now happily back to Geoshell.-XMinus1 (February 01, 2006, 11:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
I also used to use GeoShell for a while and I still switch between explorer and geoshell for my window manager sometimes. One thing that was a big negative was that geoshell wasn't 64bit clean and there were some comments that it would be a big job cleaning it up. One really useful thing that I got from using geoshell was reading this article on usability from the geoshell docs site, that article references the asktog.com site and this article on Fitts Law which is also a great read. I really found putting a vertical geobar on the left edge of screen #1 (I use dual monitors) easy & fast, application of those principles was easy and "obviously better" once tested (a sign of a really good idea)

If there was one single thing that eventually allowed me not to care which program I was using as a windows manager it would have to be FARR, I now use explorer most of the time and 99% of the time I use FARR to launch programs so the window manager has become largely irrelevant

I probably should have posted my comments about being able to run as a limited user and securely caching credentials in this thread, but seing as the post is already done its just as easy to read them in the launchbar commander similar apps thread

masu:
Besides FARR, RocketDock is a really nice piece of software  :Thmbsup:

saxydan:
I got to know about Launchbar Commander in your e-mail this morning, tried it, and promptly switched over to it. Have been using KeyLink up until now, and it's still sitting there in the background: Simple, straightforward, keyboard-orientated app. You wanna launch Firefox? Hit CTRL+WIN or WIN+ALT, type fo or fox or fi or ref, and hit ENTER. Just sits there, in the tray, waiting. Almost non-existent learning curve. Sticks with you on all your desktops if you're using something like VirtuaWin. Still have to test the VirtuaWin bit with LCB, but all thumbs up so far!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version