ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite launch bar? Your favorite features? Missing Features?

<< < (9/21) > >>

AbteriX:
new (? hmm?) ideas:

- no registry use, only INI stored settings (as usual for DC.Apps)
- option to just unpack and work (as usual for DC.Apps)

- an kind of "wrapper" to use apps meant for the TNA works in Mouser.Bar too.
(i.e. would be nice to use our favorite "TClockEx1.4.2" -clock in the Mouser.Bar)

- see a little web side in the bar (in an text field or so?) for many use i.e. for javascript

mouser:
hi stefan,
what is TNA?

AbteriX:
TNA=> Tray Notifying Area

oh no, wait....

Task Notification Area
the thing near the clock on the lower right side of your desktop :-D
aka Systray or simple Tray

AbteriX:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taskbar

In Windows, the default location for the taskbar is at the bottom of the screen, ...
from left to right it contains by default
the Start menu,
Quick Launch bar,
Taskbar buttons
and Notification area (popularly called the system tray).

The last part of the taskbar is called the notification area or system tray.
It contains mainly status notifications, though some programs, (such as Winamp),
use it for minimized windows. The clock by default appears here, and applications
can put icons in the notification area to indicate the status of an operation or to notify the user about an event. For example, an application might put a printer icon
in the status area to show that a print job is under way, or a display driver
application may provide quick access to various screen resolutions.

HTH my friend :-)

Amadawn:
Mouser, I already mentioned RocketDock earlier but have you heard of Microsoft Research's GroupBar (http://research.microsoft.com/vibe/groupbar.aspx)? It is not really an app launcher, it is more of a task manager (a replacement of the default windows taskbar). The cool thing about it is that it can "remember" the documents that you had open and it can reopen them later. It is quite cool, although it is only a proof of concept and not really useful as it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version