ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite launch bar? Your favorite features? Missing Features?

<< < (8/21) > >>

AbteriX:
...  im hoping we can think up some unique functionality.-mouser (January 09, 2006, 05:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
for the MouserBar:

- tool tips for the clock for to see the time in different time zones
- "address bar" for to execute DOS or FARR commands
- option to see picture (for them they have bigger monitore) of our loved ones
- option to have bigger picture as icons (i.e. only some but bigger icons/pics, maybe only 8 at onces, for the older one of us)
- option to have text only, without any icon. Maybe have the text in any size you want.
- this is in general a good idea: resize e.g. the clock to big font size.
- option to have count down and stop watch
- otion to see an calendar
- option to have an drop-down notepad for quick notes, with auto hide
- option to see system recourses <?>  :huh:
- maybe an second "flowting out" bar with the items from the "Quick Launch"-folder
- (have i read this in this thread?) "Fly-out"-icons like in graphic editor => one main icon with an fly out drop-down menu _
for to have the main most wanted tool in front, but alternatives in the fly-out menu.
- optional timer to start apps and link on an given time (remind me on my eBay bid time)
- MouserBar should have the most needed .CPL links out of the box in the installer
- command line calculator (=> OK, this is an issue for the second item from the top above)
- optional an field for to see RSS feeds <?>
- or to remote work with an messenger ? ? for not to have an extra messenger window on the right side.

NewKreation:
The things I must have...

* Import directory of shortcuts
* Sort Alphabetically
* Icons
* Keyboard shortcuts(pressing "a" cycles through the programs beginning with an A)
* See all programs in one window
* Fast
After trying MANY launchers, I find myself loving the built-in Start menu more and more.

tigersmustlive:
sits idly by, picking his nose and scratching his a$$ :D

twinkler:
Even though it's not the prettiest thing, I use RUNit (http://www.magister-lex.at/RUNit) because I can specify that the menu appear when I right-click on a screen border. This is much easier and faster than having to find a small icon in my crowded system tray.

app103:
With a taskbar like this, who needs a launchbar? Unless it would be exactly like the existing windows taskbar in function so I can set it on the left side and load it up like I did to this one.

Personally, I hate menus and would rather have neat rows of sorted shortcuts to everything I want to use. I also hate using the start menu, and only go there for rarely used things I have installed that I failed to include on my taskbar.

This is a screenshot of what I did with the taskbar on my old P1 that has winME installed on it.

My P4 is much less cluttered...I haven't had it very long. And before anybody asks...

No, there is no software that I know of that has a toilet roll for an icon...that's my recycle bin...looks like a toilet when it's empty :-P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version